SeniorsThe library provides a variety of services and resources for seniors in our community. Read below for more information...
Library Services for SeniorsThe library provides a wide variety of materials and services, including: public access computers, free Internet access, videos, books, magazines, large-print books, audiobooks, interlibrary loan, and much more...!
Visit our Services Page for a complete list of library services »
Library Programs for SeniorsThe Library offers various ongoing programs developed for seniors:
We offer a complimentary home delivery service program delivering library materials to township residents of any age who are unable to get to the library. Material is selected at the customer's request by our staff. A volunteer will deliver and pick up borrowed material. For further information regarding this service please contact us.
The Library also offers basic computer lessons to its patrons. We can help you learn how to use a computer, email, and learn many other skills. We offer various training sessions on Monday nights. Please contact the library for more information.
Websites for SeniorsAre you looking for senior-friendly information? We've compiled some links and sites just for you!
- Canadian Senior Years - find the best information, articles, news and links available for seniors on the web today!
- Catalist: The Canadian Network for Third Age Learning - a bilingual, Canadian network of older adult learning organizations that promotes third age learning through shared knowledge, expertise, research, and resources.
- Internet Public Library: Seniors - links and information for seniors.
- Third Age - leading online lifestage media, marketing and consumer insight company exclusively focused on serving today's dynamic population of adults in mid-life who are intent on living life to its fullest.
- Wired Seniors - Over 5,000 links to sites of interest relevant to your lifestyle. The only search directory exclusively for the over 50 age group.
GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- Canada Benefits - your gateway to government-wide information about benefit programs and services for individuals.
- Ontario Government Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care - community and residential care services for seniors.
- Veterans Affairs - links to programs and services for veterans.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Arthritis Society -- information about the disease, tips for living well, research, news, programs and services, and more.
- C-Health -- providing consumers with objective, accurate, and current healthcare information on the web.
- Canadian Hearing Society -- the only national not-for-profit organization supporting Canadians who are hard of hearing.
- CNIB -- services for the sight-impaired.
- Division of Aging and Seniors -- from the Public Health Agency of Canada, providing federal leadership in areas pertaining to aging and seniors. The Division serves as a focal point for information and centre of expertise.
- Osteoporosis Canada -- educates, empowers and supports individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Public Health Agency of Canada -- access timely, trusted and credible public health information through a single source.
HOUSING & LEGAL
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation -- ideas for adapting your home.
- The Care Guide -- Canada's most comprehensive guide to seniors' housing and care services including retirement residences, long-term care, in-home care, community support, hospice care and independent/supportive living.
- Ontario Community Support Association -- services to help seniors live at home.
- Power of Attorney kit -- print your own form -- from Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General.
MONEY & FINANACE
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) -- section for 55 and over.
- CHIP -- the reverse mortgage program for seniors.
- Income Security Programs -- from the federal government.
- Retirement Advisor-- a variety of online tools for calculating retirement scenarios.
- Tax information slips -- for recipients of OAS and CPP benefits.
TRAVEL & LEISURE
- Bed and Breakfast Canada -- Canada's complete bed and breakfast web server.
- Canadian Snowbird Association -- for seniors who travel. Information about health insurance, travel tips and more.
- Parks Canada -- Discover Canada's national parks, historic sites and conservation areas.
- Recreational Vehicles (RVs) -- everything you need to know before buying, renting or travelling with your RV.
- Seniors Home Exchange -- travel and save money by exchanging homes with other seniors.
- Seniors Travel Guide -- budget travel, adventure travel -- it's all on this site.