What's happening at your library?
Deseronto Public Library offers a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
- Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one's eyes.
Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
Contact the library for more information or visit the CELA website at www.celalibrary.ca
Join our walking exercise group. Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ 9am
Deseronto Public Library gratefully acknowledges the generous support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation for a grant that allowed the library to expandcommunity access to the library's services.
Specifically, the purchase of 2 accessible computerworkstations with adjustable height desks, e-readers with digital books and the additions of adult & children’s fiction and non-fiction titles focussing on our young reader’scollection.
LOOKING FOR MORE EVENTS & PROGRAMS? BROWSE OUR EVENT CALENDAR »