Loan Periods & Fines
- The normal loan period is 14 days.
- Videoís and DVDís one week loan period.
- Longer loan periods may be available for patrons taking vacations.
- Library materials may be renewed for up to three (3) loan periods provided:
- the item(s) are not on reserve for someone else
- the item(s) are not in high demand
- the patron has not reached his/her limit of overdue fines or charges
The following restrictions exist on borrowing:
- Reference materials are non-circulating to ensure ready access to information resources.
- Unique and/or fragile material from the local history collection restricted.
- Maximum number of items to be checked out by one patron is at the discretion of the librarian which may be checked out by one patron
- In keeping with the Ontario Library Association's Children's rights in the public library: Guidelines for service, there are no restrictions on the material borrowed by children. While the library staff can advise children on reading interests, the material selected by the child is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
FINES AND CHARGES
- Junior books and magazines: $0.05 per day
- Adult books and magazines: $0.10 per day
- Entertainment Videos & DVDís: $2.00 per day
- Interlibrary loan material: $0.50 per day