A resident of Deseronto Public Library may apply for membership at the library
If requested, patron must supply verification of address and identity by showing a document bearing his/her name and current address (e.g., driver's license, student card).
Parent or guardian must apply for a library card on behalf of a child under the age of 12 and accept responsibility for their children’s borrowing, fines, damaged or lost items, and behaviour.
Use of the library's materials in the library
1) Borrowing circulating materials
2) Usage of the basic reference and information services.
3) Interlibrary Loans
4) Computer & Internet Use
RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIPS
Library Membership may be renewed annually, one year from the date of issue
Outstanding fines and charges must be paid in order to renew a membership card
Patron must supply verification of address and identity by showing a document bearing his/her name and current address (e.g., driver's license, student card).
Lost or damaged library cards will be replaced at a cost of $2.00
MEMBERS HAVE CERTAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Be responsible for all materials borrowed with his/her card and agree to abide by the regulations of the Deseronto Public Library
Parents or guardians of members under the age of 12 are responsible for their children's borrowing and behavior with respect to the observance of board policy.
Present the library card each time materials are borrowed
1) Pay all fines or charges incurred for overdue, damaged or lost library material
2) Observe all policies set by the board as authorized by the Public Libraries Act
3) Report the loss of a card or change of address as soon as possible.
4) If library material is lost or mutilated patron shall be required to contribute to the cost of replacing that material. Charges for lost or damaged materials will be assessed and will be based on the actual replacement cost plus a $2.00 processing charge
As per Board policy a patron may have their library privileges withheld for anyone refusing to comply with board policy.
THE USE OF THE LIBRARY OR ITS SERVICES MAY BE DENIED FOR DUE CAUSE.
Such cause may be:
1) Failure to return borrowed materials
2) To pay penalties
3) Destruction of library property;
4) Disturbance of other patrons after a warning by library staff has been given and ignored by the user
5) Any other conduct on library premises considered objectionable by library staff.
The normal loan period is 14 days.
Videos one week loan period.
By request, a longer loan period may be available for patrons taking vacations.
Library materials may be renewed for up to three (3) loan periods provided:
1) The item(s) are not on reserve for someone else
2) The item(s) are not in high demand
3) The patron has not reached his/her limit of overdue fines or charges
The following restrictions exist on borrowing:
1) Reference materials are non-circulating to ensure ready access to information resources.
2) Unique and/or fragile material from the local history collection restricted.
3) Maximum number of items to be checked out by one patron is at the discretion of the librarian which may be checked out by one patron.
In keeping with the Ontario Library Association's Children's rights in the public library: Guidelines for service, there are no restrictions on the material borrowed by children. While the library staff can advise children on reading interests, the material selected by the child is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
FINES AND CHARGES
Junior books and magazines $0.05 per day
Adult books and magazines $0.10 per day
Entertainment videos $2.00 per day
Interlibrary loan material $0.50 per day
Photocopies/Reader-printer copies CD-ROM print-out $0.15 per sheet
REMEMBER TO RENEW BOOKS